If you are into the Browning cameras, then it is likely that you either have had your hands on a model from Strike Force series or on this Dark Ops line.
For people that are looking forward to sub-micro cams that come with no glow flash.
we suggest them to keep their eyes on this model.
It is one of the best in the market and has been bought by several people.
Model # BTC-6HDE | Browning BTC-6HDE Dark Ops Camera Owner’s Manual
- No Glow Infrared Flash
- 12-Volt External Battery Jack
- 1280 x 720 HD Video w/ audio (5 – 120 second clips)
- Picture Info Displays: Time, date, moon phase, temperature and camera ID
- Backlit display and controls for easy programming in low light conditions
- Timelapse mode plus IR triggered images
- Runs on 6 AA batteries (We recommend Lithium on Nimh rechargeable batteries only)
- Supports up to 32 Gig SD Card
- TV out jack
- USB 2.0 port
- 1/4″ x 20 threaded insert on the bottom of the camera
- Smart IR video (dynamic video)
- Buckwatch timelapse viewer plus PC software
- Multi-shot up to 8 images
- 4 picture resolutions
- Time delay: 5, 10, 20 and 30 seconds. Or, 1, 5, 10, 30 and 60 minutes
- Aim test mode
- Comes with 6 foot nylon strap with all metal heavy duty buckle
- Photo resolution: 10 mpxl (interpolated)
- Video Resolution: 1280 x 720 w/ audio
- Flash Type: No Glow Infrared
- Resting Power (on): 0.97 mW
- Picture Daytime/Nighttime Power Consumption: 3.47 Ws | 4.94 Ws
- Video Daytime/Nighttime Power Consumption: 14.46 Ws | 60.17 Ws
- Picture Trigger & Recovery Speed: 0.65 s. / 1.5 s.
- Video Trigger & Recovery Speed: 1.31 s. / 1.9 s.
- Detection Range: 60 ft.
Quality of Design
- Dimensions: 4.75″ x 4″ x 3″
- Battery Type: 6 AA Batteries
- External Battery Jack: 12-Volt
Video – Browning BTC-6HDE Dark Ops Elite Trail Camera Review:
It may not be perfect in all aspects but is surely more than above average in every category.
Differentiating among the Dark Ops Elite and Strike Force Elite by Browning, perhaps the only big difference you find would be of flash.
When Strike Force takes pictures at night, its infrared flash produces a little glow.
On the other side, Dark Ops has a no glow infrared flash so even if it takes a picture at night, a human eye won’t be able to catch any flash.
Coming to picture capturing, this model provides you with deep and clear pictures. The contrast is really amazing and can capture some serious images for you.
there is a little room for improvement as the picture colors can get a boost. As for the night pictures, the flash range is pretty solid, and contrast is also decent.
If you use the Strike Force, you will notice that the images from it are better.
Pictures from this model would be a bit darker and grainier. However, it is nothing wrong with Dark Ops Elite. Take any no glow cam and compare it with the infrared flash and you would notice the same.
It is just the difference between no glow vs. infrared flash. Overall, both day and night captures are up to the mark.
As for the video quality, this model can capture 1280 x 720 pixels along with audio.
All the videos would have depth, contrast, and good flash range. Also, check other best browning trail cameras.
Moreover, what you might not expect from a device of such caliber is the capturing of motion. It has the ability to record moving objects with amazing clarity, and you are likely to be amazed by the results.
Considering the batteries, the manufacturer made a good improvement.
All Dark Ops Elite cams that Browning manufactured after 2016 have 7.1 months battery life. Remember, the device achieves with only a set of 6 lithium batteries.
when comparing with other best trail cameras, you would have to keep in mind that there are models that use 8 or even 12 batteries and may not match the battery time of this device.
Note that it is recorded with the setting of 35 pictures at day and 35 pictures at night.